11.4. Cell Identification
This part describes the algorithms used by Network Signal Guru to identify network cells with entries in a NSG cell file.
The following procedure is used to find a matching cell:
• Try to match cell parameters in the cell file, also considering the geographical position of the sample. Specifically:
– For a GSM cell, ARFCN and BSIC.
– For a WCDMA cell, UARFCN and SC.
– For a TDSCDMA cell, UARFCN and CPI.
– For an LTE cell, EARFCN and PCI.
– For a CDMA or EVDO cell, RF channel and PN offset.
• A position is considered valid if the distance to the cell is less than 100 km.
• If multiple matches are found within a 100 km radius, the closest cell is picked.
• If the position is invalid, no result is returned unless a unique match is found in the cell file.